Friday, December 29, 2006

Musings 190--Dropping Saddam through the floor.

According to news reports (see Link) Saddam Hussein will be hanged by the neck until dead sometime before Saturday. Well, at least the Iraqi's have the swift justice part correct in their constitution.

I kind of hate to see the "Butcher of Baghdad" swing. I mean, what can we do when there is no Saddam to kick around anymore.

I suppose that the new democratic Iraqi government wants him dead in a hurry. There are still Saddam loyalist out there somewhere, and I'll bet they are plotting...something.

Down deep the Iraqi's figure that the covert Saddam paratroop regiment will come to his rescue at the lat minute. And, who knows they might. All of those former henchmen have to be somewhere.

It sort of reminds me of that old Johnny Cash song "10 more minutes to go." So...there he gooooooooooooooes....whack! I wonder what those virgins look like in hell? Oh, wait...that's in heaven...my bad.

So lift your glasses to Saddam tonight. If it wasn't for him, George Bush might have had a successful presidency. See there really is good in all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters