Thursday, February 23, 2006

Musings 114--Not yours...but..."my government"

In an interview today after a cabinet meeting Bush Jr. showed his true colors. He wanted to assure us that we did not have to worry about security. My goodness what a difference a year makes. You remember last year when he was campaigning and saying we should all be afraid--very afraid.

Well, today he wants us not to worry that a bunch of Arabs that are cozy with Bin Laden want to manage our largest ports. I wasn't afraid, but I sure am now.

However, the port thing is not what I want to write about today. Bush Jr. has taken over the government of the United States of America with a bloodless coup. He admitted it during this conversation with reporters. (See Link)

Here is his quote exactly as it appeared in an article by the Associated Press:

"The more people learn about the transaction that has been scrutinized and approved by my government," Bush said, "the more they'll be comforted that our ports will be secure."

Notice that he did not say "our government" or "your government." What he said was "my government." So does this mean that Bush Jr. is now the King. If it is his government, can he just wave his hand and disregard the laws of the land? Are we now in the second age of the "divine right of kings?"

You are over reacting, you say. Well, I hope I am, but I doubt it. There is a pattern developing here that is scary. Our democracy is teetering, and I don't know where it is going to fall.

Bush Jr. has become one scary dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters