Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Musings 87--On being "purposely misled"

Looking back at the last bunch of speeches that VP Dick Cheney, aka, the Dark Lord has given, I have stumbled onto an overlooked factoid.

It seems that Dark Lord Dick is admitting that the administration misled the American people into war in Iraq. (See Link) Below is the quote from Cheney's speech:

"What is not legitimate, and what I will again say is dishonest and reprehensible, is the suggestion by some U. S. senators that the President of the United States or any member of his administration purposely misled the American people on pre-war intelligence."

Do you see it. I missed it the first time, myself. Dark Lord Dick said, "purposely misled." So the American people were "misled," just not "purposely." Aren't you glad that I cleared that up for you. I have always said that words matter, and Cheney is a fellow who picks his words carefully...so, there it is.

Finally, an admission that the administration did not have a clue as to what they were doing. Now that is real progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters