Thursday, December 01, 2005

Musings 86--Go figure, absolutely, wow, etc.

I wrote in an earlier column, several months back, about California Republican Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham. Well, he is now indicted and kicked out of congress for taking over $2 million in bribes and pay-offs. Old "Duke" was a Viet Nam fighter pilot ace with five kills. He was a hero, now he is a corrupt and disgraced hero. Go figure!

Mr. President gave a speech to the cadets at the Naval Academy. He talked tough and almost broke into tears a couple of times. He kind of reminded me of Jimmy Swaggert of years gone by. It is about time he shed tears for American soldiers that are dead strictly on his account. He did not have to go to war in Iraq. It was his choice, and he will have to live with it. Absolutely!

It looks like Tom Delay, Republican congressman from Texas, will not be able to keep his job as the whip of the house of representatives. Randy Earles has him by the nuts, and is continuing to squeeze. Plus, many of Delay's aids are being indicted in various other scandals. Wow!

Republican Bill Frist, senate majority leader, is still being investigated for selling shares of stock on which he may or may not have had insider information. He had a blind trust that had eyes. Really, he did!

Bill O'Reilly of Fox News has invented out of whole cloth an assault on Christmas. Since some stores, and not many at that, have decided to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." He is going to get these godless bastards. So I say "Merry Christmas" to you, but to Bill, I say "Happy Holidays!" Ha, ha...

So here I sit at my computer just pondering all this stuff and watching the rolling snowclouds--we are suppose to get 1-3 inches tonight. Yipee!

Thus, in my pondering, I have come to a conclusion. The conclusion is that the majority party in this country, the party to which I belong, the Republicans, are a bunch of crooks without conscience or shame. I also have come to the conclusion that Bill O'Reilly is a sad man. Tisk, tisk.

If anything happens to Christmas, I will still celebrate the day because my wife was born on December 25--that's right, she and Jesus share the same birthday. There is no proof that Jesus was born on the 25th, but tradition says to celebrate it at year's end. My wife, on the other hand, has proof she was born on that day. It is called a birth certificate from the state of West Virginia. Yea rah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters