Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Musings 7--the buck stops...where?

I really try to find a reason to at least say something good about President George W. Bush. I really do. Honest.

As mentioned yesterday, I watched the CSPAN replay of his 55-minute press conference. I commented on his pained expressions. I felt that he just didn't want to be there. Upon further reflexion, I think that he thinks that he is in a hole. The most telling statement made during his press conference was when he said, and I'm paraphrasing, "what are you asking me for?" The buck doesn't stop in the white house anymore. I just wish one journalist would have said, "Ah, because you're the President of the United States."

Now for something completely different.

There is snow coming our way. Will it hit. Who knows. Stay tuned.

I'm studying up on social security. Might have some words of wisdom to say about that topic later. I will make a prediction here...now...congress will not jump through hoops for the President over social security, aka, FICA taxes.

Marshall Universtiy plays in Fort Worth on the 23rd. They are probably better than their 6-5 record indicates...or, maybe not. If they win, they are; if they lose, they are not. This one is easy to figure.

The basketball team is struggling. That's a nice way of saying that they lose a lot. They are averaging 19 turn-overs per game. You might say that is a tad high.

Repeat.

42...it's coming to the big screen...................don't forget your blanket.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger printguy said...

I'm studying FICA...more later. This much I know...medicare/medicaid is the expensive one...later on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters