Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Musings 6

I am not sure that I ever really sleep any more. It seems that I go into a dream state and never quite get to the deep sleep I can remember as a child. Thus, at 3:45 a.m. yesterday I came fully awake when my face got cold.

We have gas heat on Greasy Ridge. Usually it is nice and warm and toasty. However, when the gas ceases to produce and it is -1 degree outside, you tend to know it...or, at least, I do. Barbara just pulls the blanket over her head and hopes...hopes I'll take care of it.

So, at 4 a.m. I'm stalking down the hill to the meter. Well, to make a long story short, by 8 p.m. we had gas again. Makes for a long day...a long, cold day.

Change of Subject

I watched President Bush on CSPAN last eve during his news conference. He makes my stomach flip when he tries to be witty. Also, he was back to the pained expression mode that he implores whenever anyone questions his motives. George you're not a King...yet! He really has a distain for journalists...and the white house press reporters in particular. I guess the up side is that at least he is having press conferences...now. He'll tire of it, I predict, and retreat back to hidding whenever so one ticks him off. It'll happen. Yep.

Christmas is coming and there's not a thing I can do about it except grin and bear it. We plan to take a trip to Roanoke, Va. on Christmas day. It will be good to see the southern family.

Had pizza with Tammy and Ben on Saturday. Solved most problems of the world, but I forgot the solutions before I got home. Short term memory is the first to go.

News flash:

24 starts in January...ya rah!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters