Saturday, July 02, 2005

Musings 52--Rove, Rove, Rove, yer boat!

Journalist Lawrence O'Donnell has outed Karl Rove as the guy who fingered CIA Agent Valerie Plame to conservative columnist Robert Novak. O'Donnell said that Newsweek is working on a big story about it. (See Link.)

Well, now, how about that. Now we see if Mr. President is the law-abiding guy that he says he is. If this is true then Rove is history. The boy wonder is gone, and it is by his own hand. But, then that is too easy. I am sure that Mr. President has an excuse up his sleeve. It will be interesting to see.

Leaking the name of a CIA agent is a federal crime. Old Karl could do some time. This should be great drama for a week or two. If Rove were on my staff and he did such a thing, I would furnish the rope to hang him. Let's just see what Mr. President does. Yippee, for some good old fashion Texas justice.

Newsweek's Michael Isikoff has a piece about this too. (See Link.) I have always felt that the bunch in the White House would do anything to their enemies. Ambassador Joe Wilson found this out when Novak ratted on his wife, Ms. Plame. Wilson said all along that it was from the White House. Apparently he knew what he was talking about.

So now I guess that Karl Rove is up the creek without a paddle, or will he pull another rabbit out of his hat. I mean he got junior Bush elected twice. With miracles like that, anything is possible.

In this time of patriotism, being the 4th of July and all, I am sure that Mr. President will set the right example and hang Mr. Rove out to dry. Think about it, Rove compromised an agent of the CIA. Doing such a thing in war time could get you locked away forever. Oh wait! we are at war! Well then, I guess the punishment will fall on Mr. Rove like a ton of bricks. Of course, I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure there is someone else that this can all be blamed on.

Rove, Rove, Rove, your boat gently down the stream--I sing. It sounds like a big water fall is dead ahead. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters